January

0 comments

My, my, it is 2011 already.  I am always surprised when a New Year rolls around.  Here I am coming into my last semester.  Funny how that works.  While I was going through my courses the time often seemed interminable, like it would never end.  And now it seems like has just flown by.

I can remember distinctly wondering if I should take the leap and go to college, it seems, just a short time ago.  Now graduation is in sight.

The marks from the last semester were pretty good – mostly A’s and one B.  Trouble is I find that spoiling me.  Now instead of being afraid of failing I am afraid of getting less than a B.  I will be so disappointed in myself if I get lots of B’s, C’s and D’s now that my standard has been set higher.

I am definitely getting more used to the place and the class is more used to me.  If I had another year or two to go, as would happen in a university program, we might actually bond and blend and see no differences in each other.  This time we returned and first day looked up to see whether our practicum would be writing online for the first 6 weeks or the paper again and then switching.  But this time something new was up.  I, and half of the others, were listed under “Special Online Project”.  Intriguing.  What could that be.

Profs Norman and Martin cooked up a new idea.  While those of us who were not on the list published news online, we would be doing something new.  We would be divided up into 2 teams, 15 in each, and put together a magazine completely on our own, from scratch.  We would decide what it was to be about, we would name it, we would volunteer for all the positions: editor, art director, photographers, illustrators and writers.

This was a brilliant solution to the usual 2, 3 and 4 person group hell.  With 15 in one group someone could slack off without having a devastating effect on the others.
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "January"

Post a Comment