Marks and the Next Challenge Begins

1 comments
Woo hoo, the western world has turned a New Year and I got my marks. The news was better than I thought it would be.

History and Politics =A+
Research Techniques =A
Writing for Newspapers 1 = B+
Desktop Publishing with InDesign =A
Designing for Print =B
History of Journalism =A

Okay, let's face it, this was the easy part.  Most of that was theory. and based on knowledge of news, current events and some history.  These were studies where being 63 gave me a much better advantage, although frankly, I am surprised at the B in Designing for Print, because I barely made it over D on most assignments.

This semester, starting January 11, will be putting these theories into competitive action and building the social networks that will enhance that competition so as to uncover news happening in the College.  My disconnect with the social environment of the college places me at a disadvantage for this and we shall see how this turns out.

Monday my first class begins at 8:00 AM.  I must rise at 4:45 to make the subway by 6:15, to make the train station by 6:50, to arrive fresh, crisp and organized in class by 8:00 AM.  Yikes!
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

1 Response to Marks and the Next Challenge Begins

PH
January 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM

That sounds even more fun than my new commute, which starts on Monday. It's nearly a 2 hour journey, so I'll have to leave about 6.15 in the morning. Which means getting up at about 5.30, cos I need a proper breakfast.

Have fun!

Post a Comment